Friday, April 04, 2008

Product Reviews
Product reviews are always a great thing to check out before we purchase something. I usually read lots especially when it is a big purchase or something I will use a lot. I always tell myself that I should write some but never make the time. Well now I have the means and I just need to pick some products. Here goes.

Asher is 3 and still loves to ride in the stroller and being a very active little boy, I will let him anytime he wants. I wasn't sure which was the right way to go, no double stroller, a sit and stand or traditional tandem type stroller. I have used the Graco Quattro Tour stroller w/ him and love most everything about it. I knew I would have a little time to decide after Sophia was born before I needed to bite the bullet. With our Chicago trip upon us I knew we needed something. After reading lots of reviews it was basically down to this and the Combi Twin Sport and the Graco Quattro Tour Double. I chose the Combi basically for it's smaller size.

Combi Twin Sport 2
Combi Twin Sport lightweight side-by-side twin stroller in Ember / Wasabi folds quickly and easily just like the single strollers. Self standing when folded, and includes convenient carrying strap. Each seat accommodates up to 45 lb child, and reclines fully and independently. Plush seating areas include 5-point logo harnesses and fabrics that are breathable air mesh and separately removable and washable as well, Independent canopies have designer lining, and storage pocket and windows. Soft guardrail is removable, either individually or completely. The stroller will also accommodate one Combi Shuttle Infant Car Seat, and aluminum stroller frame keeps weight low at 23.4 lbs.

This stroller is very maneuverable and lightweight. Doorways are not a problem with this side by side. It is easy fold and unfold. I love that the seats fully recline. Even though the "baskets" are small, they can hold quite a bit depending on what you are stuffing in them. We managed to stuff 3 winter coats and some baby blankets in to them without a problem. They won't hold much weight but are netty like and will stretch a lot. I think that the biggest thing that this stroller lacks is the convenience of some cupholders. It does have some nice pockets on the back of each canopy which will be great for a spare diaper. The canopy seems a little short but will most likely do the job. Overall I am happy with the purchase and think it was worth the money. After seeing some people with the other stroller that I was thinking about throughout the museums last week I think I made the right decision. Althought there are good conveniece things about the bigger stroller, I think that the ease of maneuverability is a better trade off. The place I appreciated this the most was getting on and off of elevators with lots of others around.

A Winter and Spring Plagued with Illness
I have to say I can barely believe how much we have been sick this winter season. We are not typically the people who are "sick all the time". That label is left for others, but this winter it is just what I would use to describe us. It has just been one person after another and quite frankly I am quite tired of it literally. The sicky of this week is Nathaniel, he is once again carrying a high fever. Along w/ complaints of stomach, throat and head pain. Although I may be adding my name to the list.
For the last 2 weeks Jason has been dealing w/ a sinus infection and this horrible mouth full of sores. Well, when we were in Chicago 2 weeks ago (when he first began to get these sores) he mistakenly used my toothbrush. As his problem got worse I was feeling grateful that I didn't get it, well, I think I may be getting it... :l I don't know what to do but hope it won't be too bad. He has some "Mary's Magic Mouthwash" (I had never heard of such a thing but it is real and it has a little bit of everything in it antifungal, antibiotic, steroid & benadryl) that I may be trying to help speed up the healing process. He was in a lot of pain w/ it and I am really hoping it won't be so bad for me. I will probably know tomorrow for sure. It never ends around here. :)

No comments: