I am not real sure where this week has gone. It seems as though we have just floated through it. We kept busy and that is probably why it seemed so fast.
Monday...Jason didn't feel very well so he stayed home. We had a nice day with lots of family time.
Tuesday..Late Monday I decided that I wanted to go to the Indiana State Fair. It would be the first day and it was supposed to still be cool. I also had wanted to do some fun things with the boys this week since Caleb is starting school next week. The boys and I had a great time along with my mother in law. Nathaniel loved all the animals especially the baby pigs and the baby cow. Caleb enjoyed learning about so many of the different things that were throughout the fair. I really had a lot of fun just watching them and my favorite was when they both milked the cow. They were both so excited. I guess before I had never really realized how many fun things there were to do at the fair. Jason didn't go with us but he is having fun working on a project at work that will be going to the fair for Purdue day. It is a Lego structure aimed at getting kids more interested in Nanotechnology. Anyway he is very excited about it. That was the fair day.
Wednesday...Took Caleb to register for school. He is beginning to get a little more excited. I was bummed to hear that we live to close for Caleb to walk to the school. That means I have to take him to school :( I should be glad because now I know I will be up and ready to start my day early. I know I will get more accomplished. I also got a kick out of some of the "agreements" that Caleb had to sign. Mainly the internet and computer user one. It is just funny to see your 2nd grader singing something saying that he will only use the internet for the assigned purposes, he is not going to rename, or delete files and not going to be using viruses to ruin the computers. He doesn't even know what half of those things mean. Other than that things were fine. We go on Monday night for back to school party type thing.
Thursday... I cleaned my house and all of that normal stuff. I even hung a few more things up around the house. Just little things I have been putting off. Decluttered a little, how is it there are always things to declutter?
Friday...My friend Linda and her daughters came to visit. Caleb and Madi (she is his girlfriend) had such a good time. Nathaniel really likes Madi too. This was a fun visit, it was nice just to hang out.
Saturday (today) ... I needed to get just a few more things for Caleb for school so we set out this morning to get them. I had some other errands to run also. Yesterday I saw that they were having a Child Safety Fair at a fire station in town so we went. This was so much fun! They had many different types of fire trucks, ambulances, helicopter and other rescue vehicles. They let the kids look and get in all of them. They had the people there to tell them what things were and so on. The boys went into the little fire house w/ smoke, dressed up like firemen, used a small fire hose and practiced 911 calls. There were so many things to do and learn and they had a blast. So glad that we went. That was the big event of the day, now I am ready for a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment