Friday, May 02, 2008

Spring...
This is one of my favorite times of year. Everything is just coming alive, yesterday I was out by the mall and there were so many beautiful trees in bloom. The white and lavendar trees all so pretty. And then there are beautiful spring flowers popping up everywhere. I used to love it when we lived in Indianapolis, at the University of Indianapolis they had the most daffodils I had ever seen in one place. So neat!
Anyway I think it is so awesome to look around and see what beauty God has created and what detail is in all things. I try not to take it for granted. He is so good!
Another thing I love about Spring is Spring Cleaning. Unfortunately with 4 children I don't get around to the deep things that I would love to have time to do. Instead it is a major event to go through clothes for the next season and put away the smaller out of season things. And since Sophia is our last baby I am enjoying getting rid of some baby things. (In some ways anyway, we are after all a family of 6 living in less than 1400 sq feet) For the last week I have been getting ready for a consignment sale and purging clothes for everyone. I have finally gotten rid of some to the sale, some to the attic, and some things to Goodwill. Now is the daunting task of trying to restore order to my home. Around here nothing much gets done without other things falling apart, nothing big anyway.

Sports Activites
As a mother of two older boy who are both participating in sports at the same time I am about to embark on the dreaded weeks of non-stop running. It appears that we may have 2 days of the week that we are not going to be running constantly I hate this craziness and am not looking forward to it. It is bad enough for us, but poor Asher and Sophia will just be tag a longs in it all. I know that we will survive because many families do this most days all year round but for me I prefer to be home with everyone together. All the more reason to really work this week on getting my house in order.

1 comment:

The Richards Family said...

Alicia-
Hi! :) I just wanted to thank you for your comment on our blog. I didn't realize you had a blog of your own until today. Hope you and your family are doing well. I didn't realize that you had a little girl since we have moved. Congratulations! Take Care.

Courtney R.