Yesterday we had Rachel, my friend from high school, over for the second time in a week. We haven't seen each other in about 8 years. She lives in North Carolina and is up to visit. I made dinner for all of us Crockpot Lasagna and Zucchini Brownies. The kids had fun with their new friends and so did we.
It is always fun to be with friends. It is one thing to be with friends who know you from your current life as wife and mommy is seems a little different when they are your friends that you have known since your school days. It is fun to sit down and remember those fun and crazy times that you had. Back then we were just learning how to deal with our independence and not always making the best decisions. It is also fun to see how we have changed and how we are now that we are grown ups with children of our own. My friend is a lot different than I ever thought that she would be and that is good! I keep telling her that she gives me hope that if I don't do a good job with my kids and they do lots of crazy things they just might end up okay. She thinks that is funny and when we talk about the things she did she is surprised that she is still here. It makes you feel so young, like it was just yesterday but then old when we look at all of our kids running around and realize that all of that happened 16 years ago. OUCH!
To my friend Rachel, thanks for all the good times past and present. You are a great friend and I will forever love ya! Looking forward to our next visit whenever it may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl! You need to update your blog pronto : ).
Post a Comment