I can't believe it has been a week since I have written in here. I apologize for not getting back here sooner. I guess I will start from last week. Wednesday I think that I just got more things ready for the Pizza Party. Making cupcakes and getting everything gathered so that we could leave early Thursday morning. Oh and Caleb had his friend Taylor stay all night. Sometimes they don't get along but all 3 boys played very well together. :)
Thursday..got the boys up and ready to head out of town. All of our friends live about an hour away so instead of having all of them drive to us we are going to them. We got to Chuck E. Cheese. About 45 mins into the drive I remembered that we forgot Taylors gift..Oops :P I guess I can't remember everything. Anyway I think that most everyone had a good time. It wasn't a lot of socializing for the adults as we had to watch our children. Things were pretty good until a bus load of kids came. Then it was time to go. The boy got lots of cool toys and some books. It is so nice to have such good friends. For me and my kids :) Thanks to you guys if you're reading.
Friday was not a lot going on, I got some things done around the house in prep for the next party on Sun. I think that I went to the store to get just a few things. It was a relatively quiet day.
Saturday We made a trip to Jason's Moms house. And went to the local park, it was such a nice day. Came home bathed boys and put them to bed. Then I got everything ready for Sunday's party.
Sunday...This is the exciting day! TornadoGot up early and went to the early church service. We went back to the church that we visited a few weeks ago that I didn't really care for. Things weren't much different which is a bummer. When we got home we checked out the weather again because we wanted to grill burgers and hot dogs. Well, it was supposed to be a stormy day here in Indiana. There was a tornado watch for the whole state but it looked like our storms would hold out until after our grilling. Everyone got here except for my mother who was supposed to be coming to our new house for the first time. So we ate and hung out with our family. Waiting on my Mom to get here. She got lost...she got mad...the she just turned around and went home...she has a very short fuse. So then we had cake, ice cream and opened gifts. Once again the boys got fun stuff, they were happy. Hung out some more, at about 5ish my MIL and Grandma's left for home (they have to drive 1 hr home). My Dad hung around for a little while because my baby sister was sleeping. We were watching the news and realized that some bad storms were coming our way, so he decided to leave around 7:45 he lives in the same town as us. By the time he left is was raining buckets, the sky kept getting darker and darker. The adrenaline starting pumping as the news started to talk about tornado warning in our area. Jason was out watching the sky (typical male) and I was throwing things into our utility room along with our children (I didn't throw the kids in there I promise). Nathaniel was sleeping through all of this. We lost power and there were 2 tornadoes about 4 blocks from us. It was very scary, I stayed into the utility room w/ Caleb because I didn't want him to be scared all by himself, and a little because I was scared too. We just prayed which of course calmed us down a bit. It is amazing how much a little prayer will help if you just slow yourself down enough to think of it. Jason stood outside and watched since it wasn't coming right at us. There was a F2 and another one. We all were fine the house was fine but it is something we will remember for a while. We had no power for about 3.5 hours, not too bad. There was lots of damage in town roofs torn off houses, trees down, etc. But no one got hurt too bad. Enough for now. TTFN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment