Hope you all have had a good weekend. We enjoyed a rather relaxed three day weekend. Not too much to do which we always appreciate. It still seemed to short though. I am sure that many of you feel the same way. We spent the 4th at my MIL's house w/ the usual cook out. It was nice we got to visit w/ Jason's Grandma so that was nice. The boys really like to spend time w/ her and their Great Uncle Brian. Then we went to town to see the fireworks. We met Suzanne and her family there (it was her birthday!) along with my MIL and SIL. It just so happened that there were quite a few people from our church that decided to drive down for the display. It was nice to see them too. I miss many of them because it seems we have few opportunities to socialize w/ them lately. Jason and I felt a little torn between everyone wishing that we had more time to spend w/ everyone. The fireworks were nice but it was almost 12 by the time we got home. Then I had to have Sarah to Drivers Ed by 8 am. Too early, I wanted to sleep longer but that is just the way it goes.
I feel like I have hardly spent any time on my computer the last few weeks, I guess in some ways that could be good but I feel like I am being neglectful almost. But the truth of the matter is that I have probably actually been doing more things around my house that I need to be doing. I was putting some things away today and realized how much work I have to do on my closets. I have some serious decluttering ahead of me. Not looking forward to getting into all of that but I know that it needs done very badly and I can do anything for a short period of time.
The summer seems like it is just zooming by. Maybe that is because I am realizing that in a month or so I am going to be sending Caleb off to school. We homeschooled last year so this is going to be a bittersweet thing. I have decided that since we are having another baby and since he is not compliant about school most days that it will be better for us for him to go to school elsewhere. This decision hasn't been an easy one. I feel a little guilty like maybe I am just being selfish or lazy not wanting to deal w/ him. But then I know that if most days neither of us are happy or having fun w/ it then that basically defeats the purpose of me teaching him in the first place. I think that we should know our limits on things such as this and I don't want to put myself in this situation if I can't do a good job like I need to. I am sort of getting used to the idea and I am beginning to see it as a more positive thing more often a than a negative. So this is part of my decluttering process getting a lot of school things put up and away. Well, I should go ttfn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment