Sunday was a relaxing day, which we all needed. We tried out a new church which we thought was much better than the last. For the most part we felt comfortable there. The only thing that Jason and I noticed was the singing of the people there. This may sound really petty to you, but at the church we go to now Worship is a big deal, and it is such an awesome feeling to be in a room w/ 200 other people singing to God from the deepest parts of their being. I don't expect other places to be exactly like this or like our other church but it is just weird to be in a place where people are going through the motions of singing because that is what we are doing now when I am so used to the other. It is something that I really notice. Other than that it was a nice experience though, and that didn't make it a bad. We kept the boys with us during service. I have a really hard time leaving them w/ absolute strangers. Nathaniel did pretty good for about an hour which is all I can really expect from him since he is very active and only 3. So when I couldn't take it anymore I took him out to the car, it was nice out and he could play. Next time they may go to a class.
I want to visit this church a couple times anyway because they have the AWANA program that I want the boys to be in. Caleb has been in AWANA for 4 years and I am excited about Nathaniel's first year. AWANA is like scouts in some ways, they wear uniforms and earn patches and awards. They earn these mostly by learning Bible verses and a few other activities. It is very cool a child Nathaniel's age learns about 23 verses, at this age they don't learn the entire verse but the main parts. Anyway I think there is something very cool about my 3 year old quoting God's word.
After church we took the boys to Toysrus, Daddy promised them so we looked around in there for a while. Left with nothing, that was an understanding before we went in. Headed home and ate lunch. The boys watched Robin Hood and I started reading The Notebook. Oh Man! I know that I am hormonal but this book was so good...and sad. It took me 4 hours to read it, it's not long. I think I cried for the last hour and a half. I wanted to see the movie and my SIL had the book so I asked if I could borrow it. Anyway, I have been wanting to sit down and read a book for enjoyment for a long time. It was very nice except I was miserable because I was on the verge of sobbing the last 30 mins. I had a headache all evening after that and went to bed early.
Today I am working on recovering my house from the weekend. Going to bless my house and my family and then relax this evening. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment