Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Saying Goodbye...last night we got a phone call from my MIL telling us that Jason's Grandma was not doing very well. So today we spent the day at her bedside. I thought a lot about dying today and life too. On one side of the room is a woman that has lived 87 long years in which she has born 3 children, who had between them 4 grandchildren and all 6 great-grandchildren. Outliving her own siblings, her husband, and a son and two grandchildren. She has lived for several years w/o being able to see or hear very well. I think she has just decided it is time to go home to be w/ the Lord. I hope that I will be blessed enough to live such a long life and to see generation after generation grow the way that she did.
Then on the other side of the room is my sweet baby girl, all of 4 months on this earth. I think about all that she has ahead of her and how I hope that she has a good long life.
As I sat there listening to her struggle for each breath it made me think about how when God created us, things like death and even birth weren't supposed to be like this. And how it is only because of man's sin that we have to deal with it. Thankfully God sent his Son, Jesus, to come and save us all from our sins so that after our short lives here on earth we can spend eternity with him. What a great thing to look forward to!

No comments: